Memories can inspire–and expressing those memories in poetry can help us to remember, save, celebrate, and even heal. A free community poetry writing workshop entitled “Inspired” helps participants create a new poem as a response to a memory using writing prompts and exercises. Offered annually in participation with the Utah Humanities Book Festival by Rock Canyon Poets and Pioneer Book, this workshop will be presented in two sessions, followed by a reception and poetry reading. Participants will be encouraged to submit their poem to be included in a printed anthology and contributors will receive a free copy.
Pioneer Book, 450 West Center Provo, Utah 84601
What to Bring
- Photographs, journals, or other memory reminders (optional)
- Pen and paper to write and/or an electronic device to write on (laptop, etc)
- Drink/snack if you so desire
How to Sign-up
To sign-up, email your name and contact information to email@example.com. Seating is limited. Come ready to write!
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016 at 6pm – Workshop #1: prompts and craft demonstration, writing exercises
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016 at 6pm – Workshop #2: share and workshop first draft of poems
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016 at midnight – Final poem submission due for anthology
- Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016 at 6pm – Anthology launch party/reception and poetry reading
CLICK HERE FOR THE COMPLETE BOOK FEST CALENDAR