Imagery in poetry helps to provide meaning within the limitations of language. In this workshop, participants learn how to create poems using imagery and metaphor to express ideas in unique and universal ways. Offered annually in participation with the Utah Humanities Book Festival by Rock Canyon Poets and Pioneer Book, this workshop will be presented in two sessions, followed by a reception and poetry reading. Participants will be encouraged to submit their poem to be included in a printed anthology and contributors will receive a free copy.
Pioneer Book, 450 West Center Provo, Utah 84601
What to Bring
- Pen and paper to write and/or an electronic device to write on (laptop, etc)
- Drink/snack if you so desire
How to Sign-up
To sign-up, email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating is limited. Come ready to write!
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 at 6pm – Workshop #1
Imagery talk/discussion, writing exercises
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017 at 6pm – Workshop #2
Share and workshop first draft of poems
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2017 at midnight –Poetry submission
Email up to three poems to email@example.com for publication in the anthology, preferably poems from the workshop
- Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017 at 6pm – Anthology launch party
Reception, contributors poetry reading, and open mic