The Southern Quill is an undergraduate literary journal edited by students at Dixie State University. Published annually since 1951, the journal has been in circulation for more than half a century. They welcome exceptional and polished submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual arts from writers and artists residing in Utah and Clark County, Nevada.
- We do not accept previously published work, regardless of format or circulation.
- We accept simultaneous submissions so long as you withdraw your submission if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Submitters between the ages of 12-17 must submit all categories of work to the Young Adult section.
- Please include a short biography of 50 to 100 words with your submission. We will include it in our publication should we accept your work.
- Upon publication, all rights will revert back to the author.
- SQ contributors will receive two copies of the issue in which their work appears as compensation.
SUBMISSION FEE: None
PAYMENT: SQ contributors will receive two copies of the issue in which their work appears as compensation.
FORMS: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual arts